Sunday 26 October 2014

Sustenance

and lots of it!


It took me until lunchtime to realise that I didn't have any pain in my legs from yesterday - at which point I started to feel much more positive about the whole experience! What was much more apparent however was my body's need to refuel... all I seemed to do today was eat!

Having commented in my six month round up that I'm happy with my current weight - or rather I'm clearly not prepared to do anything about changing it - I do hope that this latest development will be run off in the next week or I may have to revisit that one. Al is fond of saying that he runs so he can eat what he likes, and for whilst I'm not sure it's my motivation for running, it is a handy side effect!

Brighton Half Marathon have sent a link to a virtual tour of the route! (I'll try and post it on FB and Twitter). Seven minutes of sped up footage taken from a cycle cam... it made me feel a little bit motion sick watching it, not something I'm going to experience on the day! But it was interesting to watch and have a look at where we'll be running. It's a beautiful town and the route takes you out and back along the sea front between Brighton and Hove. This looks all very nice in the sunshine - not sure quite how it's going to be in February! Pictures from last year not helping as it was a lovely sunny winter's morning, but I'm sure at some point in the twenty five year history of the race there has been a few run in the midst of a haar! Nevertheless I am looking forward to reaching those beach huts in Hove and the finishing straight back into Brighton...

Talking about it with sisterofMG750 and she quite rightly concludes that sped up or otherwise it looks like a long way! But we have an added bonus that we pass a friend of ours house twice en route, and although I'm not sure if she's going to be at home that weekend perhaps we will be able to persuade her to leave some sustenance in the hedge for us! I was thinking food, or possibly even a wee nip of something alcoholic (for purely medicinal purposes of course) but my sis has a much better plan, A SCOOTER! I love your thinking sis, but looking at the picture we may yet need skis!

M - 561
Brighton Half - 119
Glasgow Half - 343
Total Distance covered      311.6 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment