Wednesday 8 October 2014

Strike

whilst the iron's hot!!


I didn't lose chunks of today, I just chose not to do very much - same outcome as yesterday, but I feel much better about it knowing exactly where the time went! I also feel better knowing that our outside drain is now clean and flowing smoothly before the onset of winter, and better still because I got a company in to do it!
(small aside but I have never met anyone who has come to do a job at the house looking as dejected as the drain man, he definitely looked like he had had enough for the day, but I found it somewhat strange that he felt the need to comment on it being a smelly job... and am now curious as to which drain he has unblocked that wasn't?!).

I might not have done a great deal but I am starting to think about my afternoon tea party next Saturday and even managed to do a bit of procrastibaking towards it! C and I have just sampled the outcome and I am rather impressed with the result even if I do say so myself! Perhaps inspired by my trip to Glasgow, I have made Empire Biscuits (shortbread type biscuit with jam in the middle and icing on top to the uninitiated) but unfortunately there was only enough for one each and the rest have been put in the freezer. Al and H better come home soon or I might have to tell them that unfortunately "Dougal" ate theirs!

I have also started to think about which other two (if I'm sticking with my original plan of three) half marathons I want to run next year. I'm thinking of one May/June time and then, after such a nice time last weekend, I am very tempted to go back up to Glasgow. That said I've just looked at the route, it looks like an awfully long way compared to Sunday! But entries for next year are open so perhaps I should just bite the bullet before I talk myself out of it, and definitely before I run Brighton, after which I may never want to run again!

M - 579
HM - 137
Total Distance covered  270.3 miles





No comments:

Post a Comment