Tuesday 14 October 2014

Reprieve

Butter, Yogurt, Cheese, Toast, Biscuits, Granola Square.... the list is endless! 



Al was a little surprised to see my up and in my running gear before he left for work this morning, firstly because I'm normally still hiding under the duvet, and secondly because he'd looked outside and seen the weather! With all the blinds down upstairs I was completely oblivious to the howling gale that was blowing outside! Not to be deterred I set off anyway, although my choice to run along Windybank Lane was perhaps not the best plan - it certainly wasn't named at random.

I had a good run and enjoyed being out, even if it was hard being buffeted from the side as the wind gusted into me.  Thankfully however it wasn't raining, although I have a feeling that there may be at least one occasion in the next few months when I won't be so lucky.  I was spotted by one of my dog walking friends as he drove past, and he was kind enough to say later that he thought I'd looked the part, although thinking about it he may have been asked a rather leading question.

My head has been a bit all over the place today, putting clean washing in to wash and exploding a jacket potato (nice mess to clear up!) but I don't care - I have been offered a reprieve! My request for a referral has been accepted,  better still it's not for another five weeks and my GP's advice is to eat as normal a diet as possible between now and then! Never have I been so pleased at the speed of the NHS...

I do however have to keep a food diary but I think I'm going to start that on Monday so I can indulge at Saturday's afternoon tea party and not have to document quite how much cake I can consume in one afternoon!

M - 573
Brighton Half - 131
Glasgow Half - 355
Distance covered 5.2 miles
Total Distance covered  284.9 miles




No comments:

Post a Comment