Monday 27 October 2014

Girl on film

I'm dreading seeing the results!


There is a belief that every thought you have shapes your reality - I'm not entirely convinced but if yesterday is anything to go by then perhaps I should pay it a little more heed in future! I'm talking in particular about my thoughts regarding my legs not feeling like I've run eight miles, and those regarding my apparent need to eat copious amounts.

Last night, sat curled up all cosy in front of the fire, I received a text from the Biomechanics Man. He is in the process of re-launching his business and as part of that is putting together a new website, the photographs for which were being taken today, but one of his (and I use the term loosely) models had let him down and he wondered if I would be prepared to help out.

Available at the allotted time and always keen to oblige I said yes without really giving too much thought to what it might entail! By the time I was getting ready this morning I was beginning to question my decision, I had no idea what to expect nor how to look! Going anywhere let alone to the gym with a full face of make up really isn't my style, but then arriving looking like it was some sort of extended no make-up selfie probably wasn't the best option either. In the end I went for somewhere in between and just hoped for the best.

I had pictured a few photos of me midst biomechanics session - couple of leg raises perhaps, but most of them lying down with gravity taking it's course and flattening out my stomach...  and yes, these shots were taken, but so were more than several others of me in the gym! If you can imagine the indignity of having what amounted to an induction session being caught on camera you won't be far off the mark! Treadmill, squats, lunges, pelvic lifts and some hideous leaning back thing whilst holding onto a rope with one hand and then pulling myself up to reach the top of the rope with the other, all whilst trying to hold my tummy in and not grimace!

With the benefit of hindsight if I'd known what today was going to entail I wouldn't have eaten a thing yesterday rather than appeasing myself with some tale of refuelling every time I reached for something else to eat, and I wouldn't have been so smug about my legs not hurting - half an hour in the gym and my backside is killing me! Can't help but think that the Biomechanics Man might have been under the misguided impression that I've been doing my exercises daily when he asked me to help out, he's under no such disillusion this evening!

Run five miles tomorrow? I'll be lucky if I can walk!

M - 560
Brighton Half - 118
Glasgow Half - 342
Total Distance covered      311.6 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment