Saturday 26 March 2016

Day 706

1.  Fun morning at parkrun, although there were mixed reactions to my reaction times with the stop watch...

2.  MK more than pleased that I recorded his first sub twenty finish (to be fair I think this is far more to do with the fact that he's been training for the coal carrying World Championships on Monday than anything I did right)  Fellow parkrunner less than pleased that her recorded time was two seconds slower than that recorded on her Garmin robbing her of a PB (to be fair, given how cold my hands were, it could have been worse! But after a public FB shaming (how very dare you!) I have suggested she put a bit more effort in next time to be on the safe side!!!).  I'd have been gutted and am really sorry RLB.

3.  Watching Mo Farah compete in atrocious weather at a World Half Marathon championships this afternoon I was, as always, in awe of his ability but very glad that I wasn't part of the masses running behind.  Sat quite happily I wasn't prepared for the London Marathon trailer that came on after! It's the first I've seen this year and it just keeps getting a little bit more real! Cleverly edited it did the trick of inspiring me - just a shame my anxieties resurfaced in equal measure!

4. Yes! I am still stressing about the logistics!  None of it is panning out as per my expectations and in the absence of anything concrete to hold onto all I've got left is panic! The pub where Al and the boys were going to be is the only area listed as PLEASE GIVE A WIDE BERTH, my plan to run on the right hand side of the road may well be scuppered as slow runners are requested to stay away from the blue tape on the road showing elite runners the fastest line and I may well then have to change sides accordingly - which matters because how will I be able to tell the boys which side I'll be on?! Especially as I might not finish in enough time to see them at the end before they've to get their train home.... STOP!! If only I'd done a course in Mindfulness to  keep my mind on the present!

5.  I would like to put it in writing that not only did Mr L acknowledge that he was feeling a little post parkrun euphoric this morning (a rarity) but he suggested that he might be interested in entering the coal carrying champs next year! A kilometre with 50kg of coal on your back?! (admittedly I'd only have to carry 20) My new found role of runner support looks like it might be continuing!

London - 29
Total Distance covered     1185.2 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment