Saturday 23 January 2016

Day 643

1.  Al was juggling, H was playing underwater hockey in Newport, C was celebrating his first anniversary with Etsy Favouriter, and I was on don't run on Saturday week, the ideal opportunity for a much needed lie in.

2.  Or a chance to chalk up my 20th time of volunteering and bring me within 5 of the elusive parkrun volunteers T-shirt that I am hoping I will have attained before London....

3.  The backlog of orders for such coveted items means that, like my 100 T-shirt, they are still winging there way to us from the other side of the world, so attained maybe, received perhaps not! But it is a milestone that I take pride in... especially when nothing went wrong with the timing today and me and the other time keeper were able to hand the run director two perfectly in sync stop watches!

4.  Numerous PB's recorded this morning (even more pleased that the timing worked!) well done SC and MC, me and fellow parkrunner were clearly holding you back last week!

5.  I have decided that I need to get my head into a new mindset regarding my leg and questions as to how my training is going.  Talking to a friend who has run at least twenty marathons this morning I decided that enough was enough.  Either it will cause me a problem tomorrow or it won't.  If it does I'll have to walk home or phone for a lift - worrying about it, talking about it and constantly thinking about it is not going to make any difference, and it might even make it worse.  Time to put up and shut up me thinks!

London - 92
Total Distance covered     1078.3 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment