Sunday 28 June 2015

M - 300

I can't believe that a week ago I was writing about having to do something about dipping my toe in the Etsy Ocean and here I am a week later, having been to a meeting, busily trying to take arty photographs of my cards and posting a tweet about it on a Sunday afternoon! (Before getting rather excited that it generated seventeen page views AND my tweet was favourited by a randomer!). They are, admittedly, relatively small steps but nevertheless important ones.

I am so pleased that I found the courage to go along and meet with Team Leeds on Thursday, and exceptionally grateful for how supportive they have been since then. Far too early to say that it's been a turning point, but for the first time in a long time I am learning something new and it feels as exciting as it does daunting.

The trick will be not to try to take everything on board at once, as it becomes apparent that the best part of everything about my 'shop' is wrong - albeit hopefully with the exception of what I'm trying to sell - but having signed up to undertake an Etsy School module starting tomorrow, I am hoping it will provide at least an initial path through the wilderness...  keep your fingers crossed!

Meanwhile there is no rest for the running part of Marathongirl750 either! A rather hot and humid six and a quarter miles with Al (and Dougal - poor dog) this afternoon confirmed that I am so much more of a morning runner! It was however nice to be back out running together, and I think the decision to run headphones in music on, was more of a statement of preference than a reflection on the amount of time we spent in each others company yesterday!  A mile short of seven hundred training miles, I was almost tempted to run that little bit further and am slightly gutted that I didn't realise today is MARATHON DAY MINUS 300 or I might have tried a little bit harder to tie the two milestones together.

M - 300
Glasgow - 98
Distance covered            6.2 miles
Total Distance covered   699 miles












No comments:

Post a Comment