Saturday 13 September 2014

parkrun 50 day!

but I kind of wish it hadn't been, or that I could do it all again...



Having not had the best of weeks and not feeling particularly well I wasn't really up for it being my fiftieth parkrun this morning. With the average number of runs per parkrunner at Dewsbury being slightly less than six, getting to fifty is something to celebrate and makes me part of the elusive (I think that's the right word) parkrun 50 club! But I wasn't in the mood to make a fuss and didn't bake the aforementioned cake. (But thank you for the lovely FB mention this morning fellow parkrunner).

Apprehensive about running after Thursday's disappointing outing I am pleased to report that my legs seems to have recovered and I managed to get round in a time I was happy with and without my knees aching, but after that it all felt a bit flat.

Looking at the results later to see if one of my friends had managed to achieve a PB (she had!) and experiencing a bit of a warm fuzzy moment when I saw the red '50' box next to my name, I spotted something that made me look twice. My other friend who has been away for weeks had done her fiftieth run this morning too! Gutted that we hadn't worked it out (she had no idea either!) what were we doing drinking tea - we should have been supping Champagne!

Having done one of my fifty runs at Huddersfield I have decided that I'll just have to celebrate next week instead when it will be fifty runs at Dewsbury or 200 times up our infamous hill!

I can't help but feel however, that we missed out this morning, so much so that I wish we could turn the clocks back and do it all again - and for once I know that I am not alone, parkrunfastfinisher stopped to tie his lace and missed a PB - gutted for you, I know how galling that must be. But it's your fifty parkrun day next week, so you can join in our celebrations, PB or otherwise.


M - 605
HM - 162
Glasgow - 22
Distance covered 3.1 miles
Total Distance covered  235.1 miles

PS Thank you Al for coming out to support me - even if it did mean running with a hangover!



No comments:

Post a Comment