Monday 29 September 2014

Day One*

* of Half Marathon Training

Isn't quite the runaway success I was hoping for!


I apologise now to every male reader for bringing up the subject of filing my nails (please bear with me!) but if ever there was a tale whose moral was to stop procrastinating and get on with the jobs you know need doing, then it was the one that befell me this afternoon involving my finger nails, a poo bag that wasn't quite able to withstand my talons, and a pile of dog mess.  There are some lessons I guess I'm just going to learn the hard way! Especially as scrubbed, rescrubbed and disinfected they still need filing!

Determined to have a more productive day than yesterday I did manage to work out what my priorities were for the day and stick with them.  I haven't had a lot of time but I used what I did have well, ticking off jobs and trying my best to keep focussed.  But by three o'clock I was bored rigid! Clearly I thrive on chaos, and this structured approach left a lot to be desired. 

Having been so disciplined all morning, this afternoon I found myself once again staring at my Etsy shop willing an order to come in so I can leave the monotony of my jobs and disappear into a far more exciting world, but unfortunately there has only been one view today, a New Home card by someone in the United States which I think is equally as implausible as last week's Happy Birthday card to Hungary, but you never know...

I have loads to sort out before I go away on Friday, and two runs to fit in before then! Having taken last week off running I am amazed by how quickly I have managed to erase the need to allocate time for this from my consciousness.  I already had tomorrow all planned out and at no point had 'run' entered my head. Which makes me wonder if I haven't really taken the first day of my half marathon training as seriously as I ought to, hmm... thinking about it there may have been some dietary intake in support of that suggestion!

M - 589
HM - 146
Glasgow  - 6
Total Distance covered  254.4 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment