Monday 22 September 2014

Magnus Magnusson

I've started so I'll finish



One of my biggest bugbears is not having enough time to finish something once I've started (although admittedly it does depend on how much I want to be doing it in the first place!).  Somewhat disappointingly after that introduction the thing I most wanted to be doing today was sorting my spreadsheet of cards made and sold - to get it up to date and working properly!

I struggled to set up my spreadsheet in the first place when I didn't really know what information I wanted on it, and now that I do, I struggled to get it all transferred across onto the one form from the numerous different worksheets I've managed to write in the interim.  I started at ten o'clock, by half past one I hadn't finished, I hadn't eaten lunch, I hadn't walked the dogs and I'd only remembered to drink half my cup of tea that I'd made when I first sat down.

I was clearly in a mood to try and get things in order and I really didn't want to have to stop without finishing, especially as I knew that when I did my day was going to be taken out of my hands and disappear in a flurry of dog walking,tea cooking, chauffeuring and shopping, what I hadn't foreseen was quite how long the preparation of tea would take after I cut my thumb open whilst chopping some veg. In a strangely fortuitous way however at least I had some Steri-strips in the house after the embarrassment of going to A&E last year with a similar injury only to have a nurse stick a plaster on my thumb!

Eventually I finished it and am confident that it works! It might not be the most efficient spreadsheet in the world and there is probably a way of collecting the information in a much more concise fashion, but for now it's done.  I know what I sold, when I sold it, whether it was through Etsy or a private sale, and how many cards I have left, should any more Etsy orders come in, sorry WHEN some more Etsy orders come in.

It's not rocket science and I can't help but think that it shouldn't have taken as long as it did, but I am pleased that it's done. A small semblance of order has been restored, it feels good and might even motivate me to tackle the dresser in the back room, just so long as I don't get interrupted half way through!

M - 596
HM - 153
Glasgow - 13
Total Distance covered  251.3 miles






No comments:

Post a Comment