Wednesday 17 September 2014

Caught in a whirlwind

Everything around me is starting to spin!


I can't believe I sat trying to sort my knitting out all yesterday afternoon like I had all the time in the world - today I don't feel like I've had chance to catch my breath. I'm busy, the boys are busy and the house just feels busy but not in a particularly industrious way if that makes any sort of sense at all?!

Got back in this morning to find that I'd had an order on Etsy and that my friend had also posted a link on FB telling her friends about my shop (thank you Mrs J).  Suddenly my two hour slot before taking Dougal out on our long afternoon schlep around the woods became a bit of a panic -cards to start making, and my Etsy site to update! Conscious that this might bring some new viewers to my shop, I decided that it better be as fully stocked as possible, time therefore to get some other cards listed as soon as possible before I'd missed my window of opportunity.

Back from walking Dougal and it was an early tea before Al went to juggling, H went to drama and I had to go a meeting about the sixth form that C has just entered.  I wish I hadn't.  An hour of listening to how busy he's going to be over the next two years (although in reality it's not as long as that so we'd better start panicking now), how much work he's supposed to do in school, how much he's supposed to do out of school, how important it is to have things to write on his personal statement or else his university place will be given to someone else, how long he's supposed to take choosing his university in the first place! Aaaaarrrrgggghhhh!! What happened to him being sixteen and enjoying himself?! I think I actually let a bit of a sarcastic laugh escape when, at the end of the lecture they suggested they would be sending out well rounded, happy students into the world (me thinks not) but thankfully for C I don't think anyone else noticed and I left having only shared my views with a couple of parents and not the headmaster!

Back home for an hour, back out to collect H, back home, both boys suffering from having an early tea so pizza's in the oven for supper, try to watch a bit of the news to see if I can spot schoolfriendofMG750's husband on one of the news reports on the impending Scottish referendum (I couldn't - but have since found the clip on iplayer),  Al comes home buzzing from a meeting about the Leeds Juggling Convention in November and suddenly it's eleven o'clock and I haven't even thought about writing my blog, let alone thinking about what I am going to say!

C's currently casting for the House Drama production next year, H has auditioned for this, something else and returned to drama club already this week (and it's only Wednesday), Al is stage managing (an appearing in) the show at the Juggling Convention - suddenly I'm in a house of lovies and everyone's just a bit more animated than usual! In truth it's really nice to witness, but all I wanted was to sit very quietly in a darkened room for a while and catch my breath!

M - 601
HM - 158
Glasgow - 18
Total Distance covered  240.9 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment