Friday 12 September 2014

Deja vu

Over 4000 page views... it's not just me who's been here before - sorry!



I woke up this morning from a recurring dream about being on holiday.  I'll let your mind wander for a bit to picture the tropical beach and palm trees swaying gently in the light but warm breeze, the blue sky and bright sunshine... before I tell you that unfortunately none of this features in my dream! Instead I get a cottage in an undisclosed location, and we're always leaving early the next morning, and there's never anyone around to help, and there is all the packing up and cleaning to do before we've to hand the keys back at some ungodly hour and it's all down to me and there's no way I can get it done - and then I wake up and realise that I'm not on holiday but the anxiety is genuine!

Faced also with my recurrent dilemma of where to start, I decided to ignore all the tidying and cleaning I was so desperate to get chance to do earlier in the week and instead buried myself in the finances. Let's face it, this was never going to cheer me up, but there is a certain solace in knowing where we're at. I even made it to the bank just before closing with some cheques to pay in and am pleased with myself for doing a WHOLE job for once, even if it was at the expense of several others!

Al has gone out this evening with his work colleagues and I'm struggling to stay awake, which is a bit of a poor show given that it's only quarter past eight! Sandwiched between the two dogs on the settee I'm not sure it's even that comfy a place for a nap but given the rate at which my eyes keep closing I don't think it's going to matter.

Fiftieth parkrun tomorrow, if I wake up in time!

M - 605
HM - 163
Glasgow - 23
Total Distance covered  232.2 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment