Saturday 27 September 2014

Good

But already in my head not good enough...


Sitting soaking up the sun outside the café post parkrun this morning I had the feeling of the day stretching ahead of me and nothing planned to fill it, little did I know at the time that the next six hours would disappear in a never ending stream of chauffeuring duties that would drain any ounce of post run euphoria out of me!

Having not run all week I was a little unsure as to how this morning would go, but my legs seemed to have been grateful for the rest and I ran my fastest time this (Dewsbury parkrun) year (which resets sometime in June).  All the way round I kept thinking that perhaps, with the start of my half marathon training next week, I ought to give myself a break on a Saturday morning by running a bit slower and just chalk up the runs towards my hundredth (only forty eight to go!), but as I edge ever nearer the twenty four minute mark I know that I'm going to want to try to get back under it, or at very least maintain my speed, so it looks like the idea of taking it easy is already a non starter...

Question then is, can I motivate myself to want it during the week when I need to get back on with my exercises and out on my training runs, because it won't come with just pushing myself on a Saturday morning.  I know what I have to do, but do I have the mental strength to do it?  Not for the first time I think I need to take a leaf out of Fellow Parkrunner's book of sheer grit and determination... MOMENTOUS DAY for her today as she ran an all time personal best and in doing so has beat all her post accident daemons both physical and mental. Way to go RLB! Going to have to train just to keep up with you soon!

M - 591
HM - 148
Glasgow - 8
Distance covered              3.1 miles
Total Distance covered  254.4 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment