Sunday 28 September 2014

Dizzy

like a whirlpool it never ends...


Over the past seven weeks, since finishing the course of antibiotics designed to get rid of a gut infection, I have become increasingly convinced that all I have managed to do is replace it with another! You will however be glad to know that I intend to spare you the finer details, suffice to say I'm feeling a bit crap today. Run down and exhausted this is not the best way to embark on my half marathon training plan tomorrow, although to be fair it doesn't actually require me to run until Tuesday!

Yesterday I called round at Halfmarthongirl's to drop off her Etsy order and was delighted to find her at home yet disappointed that I didn't have time to stop for a cup of tea. Standing chatting at the door, her house beckoning to me like an oasis of calm, I would have loved to have had the time to go in and have a cuppa and chat, perhaps followed by being left to curl up on a comfy chair in her conservatory and sleep in the late afternoon sun!

It did however get me to thinking about my house and apart from in the winter when the fire's lit in the front room and the lighting is so dim that it induces sleep (ring any bells sisterofMG750?) I'm not sure calm would be a word anyone would use to describe my slightly chaotic house (although hopefully welcoming might not be too far down the list).  We've already established that I don't know how to do calm and perhaps my house is a reflection of this, although that said I clearly have a very relaxed attitude towards cleaning!

I'm sick of going round in circles, and I'm conscious that regular readers are already at risk of getting dizzy.  Sooner or later you know I'm going to say that I need to get organised, that I don't know where to start, that it's all a bit overwhelming and how I wish I'd done things as I'd gone along and not left it all to mount up, not to mention how many times I've said it's time for action!  However, like it or not, here we are again.

I really need to try to get to grips with this and actually move on, and yet just at the crucial moment where I'm about commit to sorting my life out (or at least the jobs that are STILL on my to do list) my neighbour texts to say she is free on the 18th October, which is the starting point I have been waiting for, and Operation Afternoon Tea Take Two is launched, looks like the cupboard may have to wait a little bit longer!

M - 590
HM - 147
Glasgow  - 7
Total Distance covered  254.4 miles




No comments:

Post a Comment