Friday 20 March 2015

Day 334

1.  Back in the gym first thing! Odd morning with lots of spatially unaware people who seemed to just appear in the space I was working in with very little regard for the fact that I was there first! The Prowler (Geoff Capes dead weight push contraption) wasn't where it normally was which meant this man was coming back and forth in front of where I was working, and appeared to be making exceptionally hard work of pushing it with only ten kilogrammes of weights on each side. Came to my turn I increased the weight (albeit only by an extra 10Kg) and set off feeling rather smug, only to discover that I could barely shift it let alone run.  NEVER underestimate the resistance force working against you on a piece of carpet not worn down into the equivalent of a bob sleigh run!

2.  The clouds parted just enough for me to glimpse the total eclipse of the sun, which was beautiful (I ignored all safety advice and looked straight at it, and then spent a good fifteen minutes out on the street starting at the sky hoping for another sighting, only to discover I'd been staring at the wrong spot!)

3.  Some positive feedback from my friend who received a new look birthday card from me, and an advert in our local council magazine spurred me into making initial contact about the chance of a one off market stall later in the year to sell my (as yet unmade) wares.

4.  Given my recent aversion to tennis balls (following the pain that is inflicted when rolling on top of one) I have never been so pleased to see one as I was this afternoon when the item dangling out of Dougal's mouth as he appeared dancing over the horizon, turned out to be an old ripped one and not some piece of animal pelt.

5.  My world was turned upside down this evening following some horrific news. I'm working on trying to process it, and holding on tightly to those I love in the meantime.


M - 417
Liverpool Half - 86
Glasgow Half - 198
Total Distance covered   506.3 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment