Thursday 12 March 2015

Day 326

1. The roads were so lovely and quiet dropping C off at school at six thirty this morning, put me in mind of our early morning runs to parkrun. Miss them, and am looking forward to running them again sometime in the not too distant future.

2. Slamming my left leg into the edge of the clothes airer last night worked wonders in providing a new source of pain to provide a distraction from the spasms (which I think are abating, but may now just be the lesser of two evils!)

3.  My new favourite passage from a book...
'There he goes again!' the Earthworm cried, speaking for the first time.  'He simply cannot stop telling lies about his legs! He doesn't have anything like a hundred of them! He's only got forty-two!' *
(still don't know how I'm going to make them)

4. My not so favourite sentence from the same book...
'And next to the spider, there was a giant Ladybird with nine black spots on her scarlet shell'
(oh how I wish I'd read that before I cut out and ironed on twenty)

5. Was quite pleased with how the body of H's centipede costume was coming along, until he tried it on and declared that I had made him a dress. Remind me never to volunteer for this sort of thing ever again.... I'd almost rather be in the gym!

M - 425
Liverpool Half - 94
Glasgow Half - 206
Total Distance covered   506.3 miles

*James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl.

No comments:

Post a Comment