Wednesday 11 March 2015

Day 325

1.  The internet is working again! This, and the irony at being told by the repairman that they can't find the underlying fault so that it may well happen again and then being given a £50 cash back voucher to refer a friend to Virgin made me smile.... any takers?!

2.  My disappointment at not being able to buy a packet of walnuts at the supermarket on the past two occasions (good for you apparently, can't remember why, maybe it was the Gym Man who told me and there's been a run on them like there was on the butter) turned into joy (well maybe not quite) at finding two unopened packets in the cupboard - only one of which was out of date, excellent!

3. I have followed HMG's lead in ticket splitting my train journey when C and I go to Oxford in May, saving me £37* which would be good news all round if they hadn't made a duplicate booking in error and charged me an additional £160!

4.  My leg is still odd, but no worse than yesterday.

5.  I have put my suitcase from Brighton away! As it happens to live in the bottom of the airing cupboard, I am taking this as a step ticked on the way to tidying it.

M - 426
Liverpool Half - 95
Glasgow Half - 207
Total Distance covered   506.3 miles

*  Don't really understand it, but seems to be cheaper if you let a company purchase lots of tickets for fragmented parts of your journey instead of just one.  Perhaps though I should have paid greater heed to HMG when she warned me of lots of tickets, for someone who couldn't look after two in Brighton, I'm not sure having thirty four (tickets and seat reservations) is such a good idea. I'm now picturing myself with some sort of comedy credit card wallet than unfolds to the floor... 
Meanwhile we are booked on one pair of seats between Manchester and Stafford, a different set between Stafford and Leamington Spa, and the back to the original two for the final leg between Leamington and Oxford  but we don't change trains?! I am starting to suspect that this may be an experience not worth the £37 saving!


No comments:

Post a Comment