Saturday 7 February 2015

We're Back!

Four miles to parkrun, parkrun afterwards and no IT Band issues! Does this mean I can stop going to the gym?!


Finally the weather and personal circumstances were enough in our favour to allow HMG and I to set off on our favourite run to parkrun, and then run parkrun.  I'd like to say it's the route that makes it our favourite, but it may well be the distance - it's our shortest!

Felt so good to be back to 'normal', jogging along setting the world to rights! After our initial mile our splits were fairly constant and the pace wasn't significantly slower than we were running before Christmas.  We may not have the distance back in our legs yet, but we've maintained our form!

Cafe and therefore toilets still closed at the park, but absolutely bursting for a wee, I had the new experience of trying to find a suitable tree on the Greenway to hide behind whilst HMG ran up and down keeping watch for any approaching cyclists! I'm not sure what we'd have done if she'd spotted any - thankfully there were none in sight!

Parkrun was hard work, and I'm trying really hard not to be disappointed with my 26.45 minute time. It's the best part of three minutes quicker than the last time I ran on the 3 January, but it is not where I want to be. How quickly I've gone from being chuffed that I can run 3 miles without my knees hurting to disappointed!

Speaking to my friend who lives in Brighton (but unfortunately won't be there on the day of the half marathon) and I can't help but wish that I had her attitude towards it all - the course runs past her house twice and she was telling me that on previous occasions she's popped in for the toilet, refreshments and a change of top en route!

Perhaps being injured will in the end turn out to have been a good thing.  Had it not happened I would have felt compelled to run as fast as I could regardless of my need to hit training for the next race without injury. However now, the plan is that HMG, sisterof MG750 and I will all run (and walk) together and just enjoy being there.  This last part being largely dependant on the weather  - 13.1 miles in the driving rain is not going to be any fun at all!  In my head it is a beautiful sunny early spring morning, just in case you were wondering!

M - 458
Brighton Half - 15
Liverpool Half - 127
Glasgow Half - 239
Distance covered               7.1 miles
Total Distance covered   476.4 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment