Thursday 26 February 2015

Commitment

But it may have to wait a day or two!



I am exhausted! I've struggled to get going all week, and I can't help but wonder if I'm like this after a half marathon, what on earth am I going to be like after a full one?! I'd better get Dougal booked into day care for the week following London - just as soon as I know the date! (and then keep my fingers crossed that I get a place!). My other theory is that it has less to do with the half marathon and far more to do with the fact that my food consumption has probably at least halved since the weekend and I'm at risk of wasting away...  Add to this my 'broken' legs and it's no wonder that I haven't done anything about my transformation programme since returning from Brighton!

I did make it back into the gym this afternoon - but only to see the Biomechanics Man! Who reiterated the fact that whilst a break from running will do me good, a break from the gym will not! Trouble is, just over a week away from it, and I can't imagine going back! Originally planning to go Saturday and Sunday mornings this weekend, I have over the course of the day managed to talk myself out of both of them!

My legs are a hundred times better post appointment but they still hurt and from the exercises I was doing it is obvious that there is a lot more work required.  Not for the first time I am questioning whether or not running is really my thing or if it is worth the pain and effort involved.

Maybe I just need a week off and should start again on Monday, but then I'm half way through that week and don't feel anywhere near rejuvenated! Maybe I should just take all the time I need to feel like I want to start again, but I fear that may be a dangerous game to play given my current mindset!

There is a poster up in the gym saying something along the lines of

Commitment  - either do it, or don't. There is no in between.

In which case I think I'll stay in the don't camp for the next day or two and see if I can muster up some enthusiasm for joining the 'do it' campaign or the final fortnight before the big weigh in and measure that I conveniently forgot about whilst tucking in to chocolate mouse post tapas (and second dinner) last Friday...

M - 439
Liverpool Half - 108
Glasgow Half - 220
Total Distance covered   503.2 miles


No comments:

Post a Comment