Wednesday 4 February 2015

Bottom's Up!

Quite literally!


Day Four of my gym attendance today! I haven't yet done the maths to find out if I'd have been better paying as I went, I probably would have been but lets face it I wouldn't go. I am relatively proud that I have managed Monday's and Wednesday's two weeks in a row. I am slightly less self conscious about being there and not quite as exhausted at the end of each set as I was on my first outing (although that might be because there is no Biomechanics Man making sure I'm doing the exercises properly - there's at least one I know I'm definitely not!).

It involves holding a press up position and then moving my right hand out in front of me and then in towards my opposite foot, before repeating with my left hand and then moving both hands out to the side (thankfully one at a time!).  Apart from when I move in towards my foot (when I can lift my bottom up) press up position is supposed to be maintained throughout - I'm not sure that I'm managing this! What's worse is that I have, both on Monday and today, discovered that when I get tired, it goes something like - hand out in front, hand back to under shoulder position, bottom up in anticipation of next move, hand stays exactly where it is! So that to anyone watching they must be wondering what on earth this strange sticking my arse up in the air exercise is supposed to be about - actually I hope no one is watching it's ungainly to say the least and very very far from showing any signs of core strength or the poise that I'm hoping may accompany it!

Further humiliation is yet to come, when I discover that the fifteen kilogramme weights have been put on the rack at chest height behind some twenty five kilogramme ones. I have no idea if I can lift twenty five kilogrammes and I am not going to find out by dropping it on my toe, so I have to ask one of the members of staff to help me. He does, but in doing so points out that surely I should be able to push more that thirty kilogrammes on the prowler (Geoff Capes) and wants to see me up to forty next week - I had NO IDEA that the Biomechanics Man was being kind to me when he wrote my programme! Clearly I owe him an apology for any disdain shown last Monday!

His favourite person of the day status is further confirmed when he gets in touch this evening to say that the transformation gym programme isn't as suitable to my goals and rehab as the one I'm currently working on (YES!) and that following recent digestion issues he thinks I should consult my GP before making any big changes to my diet, and as the major component of my diet is cake, I take this to mean that I should reduce it's consumption gradually rather than going cold turkey. Yeeeee Haaaaa!!!

M - 461
Brighton Half - 18
Liverpool Half - 130
Glasgow Half - 242
Total Distance covered   464.2 miles





No comments:

Post a Comment