Tuesday 3 February 2015

Overwhelmed

I'm blaming last night on a lot of things today!


Had to take C to the station in Leeds for ten past seven this morning to catch a train to London, had to get H to a casting audition in Manchester for one. I knew this and could have told anyone who asked that this was what my day entailed. Why, oh why, oh why did I then a) spend time seeing if I could spot C when I went to collect H from school at lunchtime; and b) collect H at twelve forty five thinking that gave me an hour and a quarter to get to Manchester in time for our one o'clock appointment?!  (Unsurprisingly we were an hour late, they still saw him, in the time it took me to go for a wee and then we drove home again - what an utter nonsense the whole process is!).

I am so completely overwhelmed by the whole six week transformation thing, that my head is spinning with it.  I decide to eat my muesli as normal for breakfast (it's my favourite meal, they can bog off if they think I'm swapping it for a plain egg omelette) mid morning I find myself beating myself up over eating a dry oatcake.  This, like the casting audition that followed, is turning into a farce.

I'm torn between knowing that I will put every barrier possible in place to reinforce why I shouldn't do something, when actually I should just get off my backside and get on with it, and genuinely thinking that perhaps this is all a step too far, and that's before I even look at the workout.  I decide that the best thing to do would be to ask the Biomechanics Man for his professional opinion on what is in my best interests at the moment and decide that with the exception of breakfast and the odd oatcake I will try and follow the diet, and I will make a concerted effort to get to the gym to do the exercises he has prescribed specifically for me whilst I await his response.  No time to get to the gym, or run, today, but I did have my beautifully roasted tomatoes and mushrooms on a bed of lettuce instead of spaghetti for tea!

To be fair a lot  of what was said last night made good sense, especially the "are you being productive or are you being busy" bit! I'd like to think that today I was a bit of both.

M - 462
Brighton Half - 19
Liverpool Half - 131
Glasgow Half - 243
Total Distance covered   464.2 miles


No comments:

Post a Comment