Sunday 8 February 2015

2 Weeks to Brighton...

and I've gone viral!


I once heard someone famous being interviewed on the radio and they were regaling a tale about how un-Twitter savvy they were, when a retweet by an equally famous but more Twitter savvy friend resulted in them having ten thousand emails from Twitter in their inbox the following morning updating them on each and every favourite or retweet.  I HAVE HAD SUCH A MORNING! (although the numbers involved may differ slightly!).

I have never really got to grips with when is the best time to publish my blog, but have generally come down in preference of sometime around 10pm, which seems to work - except on a Friday and Saturday night when presumably people have got better things to do with their time. This is partly why I am in favour of a Sunday double or triple bill, but more often than not it's got more to do with the fact that I haven't written it till then.  This morning however I had four blogs written and awaiting publication, as I continue to play catch up for last week's untimely interruption to my internet access.

Up early to go to the gym (and conversely wishing I was going for a run) I decided that perhaps a few of my friends might be fortunate enough to be enjoying a lie in and what better entertainment than catching up with the goings on in my world for the past few days...

Last Tuesday's published and it appears there are five such people around. Publish Wednesday's, mistakenly put an @ sign in front of UKRunChat instead of the # that I thought I was supposed to use, and something strange starts to happen, the numbers reading this post are almost immediately at eighteen, and by the time I leave for the gym are nearer thirty!

Riding high on an endorphin rush (from going to the gym?! Oh how I've changed in fortnight!) I returned home to the news that 'Bottom's Up' has been read by over seventy people, making it my most popular ever by at least twenty views!  Confused as to why a little tale about me sticking my arse in the air is so popular, Al did start by asking "did you use those actual words?" as we wondered whether or not I'd been picked up by some people hoping for a more exciting read than they got!

A look at my email account and I have twenty four messages from Twitter (which in relative terms felt like ten thousand) and in and amongst them (or actually at the start) one informing me that I have been retweeted and am now being followed by UKRunChat! I have arrived!

By this time I was positively buzzing, danced my way through breakfast with Al, then C, then H (I only ate ONCE - but it was muesli and toast shhh don't tell anyone one!), before striding out across the fields with the dogs full of the joys of spring and love for my fab husband, boys and dogs, sister, family and friends, my thoughts centring around two weeks to Brighton - really ?! I have to wait that long!

Oh - if only I could have bottled the euphoria! By the time I get home I'm exhausted and not even the left over lovely superfood salad is enough to bring me round.... but I'm sure a chocolate brownie will do the trick!

M - 457
Brighton Half - 14
Liverpool Half - 126
Glasgow Half - 238
Total Distance covered   476.4 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment