Thursday 19 February 2015

It's beginning to feel....

a lot like Christmas! (I know, it should be look)


Not long to go now, and soooooo much still to do! In a manner reminiscent of my Christmas chaos - I've known tomorrow was coming since last July and I've done nothing about getting organised in advance for it! My running kit is strewn around various radiators, my Garmin's charged but I've left it lying around somewhere and I've yet to go and search it out! I've paperwork that needs sorting before the boys go back to school on Monday - as I won't be home by then! - and a thousand and one other things to do, which bodes the question..... what am I doing writing this?! Answer: I can't face any of the rest of it!

My head is swimming, both because there is too much in it, and also because I've got a cold and I can't think straight.  Spending the day at the shopping centre with the boys hasn't helped and I'm desperate to go and lie down in a darkened room not get my head around packing for the weekend and the ever changing weather! Full sun and three degrees Celsius now forecast for nine o'clock on Sunday morning, with the rain not due until three - surely even we'll be finished by then!

I feel so far removed from race ready, but I have been to the charity shop this morning to get myself a fleece that I can wear to the start and then leave to be picked up by another charity, which I think is a truly lovely thing that I've been led to believe happens at the start of big races! The idea of it has made me feel like I'm part of something bigger. I hope I've not been misled, and will be stressing in the holding pen looking for somewhere to leave my fleece with sisterofMG750 just telling me to tie it round my waist and be done, or finding a dustbin to throw it in! Would be a shame to bin it though, when it is such a fetching, slightly bobble-y, slightly short armed wardrobe must have!

Right, I can digress no more.  It's time to face the music, paperwork done since I started writing this, lovely restaurant booked for tomorrow night HMG, and a couple of options for Saturday morning's breakfast marked on the map, procrastibaking is now first on the agenda (boys couldn't possibly buy some cake to eat whilst I'm gone) and then that's it, I can hide no more.... time to pack my bags! HELP!!

M - 446
Brighton Half - 3
Liverpool Half - 115
Glasgow Half - 227  
Total Distance covered   490.1 miles


No comments:

Post a Comment