Wednesday 18 February 2015

Membership attained....

... of the I've been to the gym ten times club!


I've done it! Four weeks since I first went to the gym and I've completed my tenth workout! Those of you who don't know me, or haven't been reading for long, perhaps do not realise the significance of this achievement nor the gargantuan level of effort involved just to get me through the door on each of those ten occasions. I just wish I could start to feel like it was getting easier.

Actually some of the exercises are, it's motivating myself to get there in the first place that's the problem, and I'm really glad that I happened upon using parkrun's reward policy to apply here, or I wouldn't have gone this morning.  But I did, and an item of clothing in respect of this achievement is now mine to purchase in Brighton! (For someone who doesn't like shopping, I seem to be fantasising about it rather a lot, to the extent that I'm beginning to think it's a blocking technique to forget about the real purpose of our visit!).

My least favourite exercise is one which involves me balancing on one leg, no gym equipment involved, just me reaching out to touch the floor in front of me and coming back up to standing, ten times each side.  I'm rubbish at it! Wobble about all over the place, although have thankfully stopped short of actually falling over, but there are invariably several people nearby doing clever things with weights and extreme body strength just to make me feel slightly more pathetic! Mercifully however, I've never seen anyone else doing this particular exercise to show me up even further!

Today wasn't just my tenth gym session, it was also my last before I attempt to become a half marathon runner! Consequently my next gym appearance now falls into the 'post Brighton category' and, as another day slips away from me, it is being followed rather sharply by most of my to-list! That said I have got my case out and am starting to think about what needs to go in it - although to be fair that's one job that I can't exactly postpone to after the weekend!

M - 447
Brighton Half - 4
Liverpool Half - 116
Glasgow Half - 228  
Total Distance covered   490.1 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment