Monday 22 December 2014

Sparks flying!

The truth will out....!!


Several years ago we had a stove top kettle. It was a thing of beauty despite being rather slow to come to the boil. Rather than get frustrated we used to relish the opportunity to take five minutes to stand still.  It was at some point replaced by an electric alternative which was much quicker yet far from so aesthetically pleasing. Just to add a little sparkle to the Christmas chaos, it blew up yesterday -taking our plans for avoiding the shops today with it!

Although tempted to continue with my pan of water and ladle alternative, in an attempt to get me to slow down, we decided that this probably wasn't the best way to go and so disappeared the first window of opportunity for curling up on the sofa. The second went a couple of hours later, when just as I had closed my eyes for a wee snooze, H called to say his chauffeur was now required at the cinema.

Neither the shopping nor the driving duties did anything to improve my already somewhat shocking mood.  Tired, grouchy and apparently "moaning all the time" I don't think I was the best of company today! Oh dear.... here's me saying I won't write my blog so I can spend time with Al, and there's Al wishing he could just read the abridged version of my day rather than live through the whole of it with me!

Exercise's done all four prescribed times today meaning new leaf has remained right side up for over 24 hours - time to get to work on my cheery disposition.....

M -505
Brighton Half - 62
Glasgow Half - 286
Total Distance covered      433.6 miles




No comments:

Post a Comment