Friday 26 February 2016

Day 677

OK so if the marathon is about getting to know yourself - here's what we've learned so far...

1. I seek advice and then don't follow it if it's not something I want to hear or involves doing exercises. 

2.   I am already an endurance athlete is the 'sport' of procrastination - hour after hour without any signs of fatigue.

3.  For someone who is so introspective and deliberates over minute details I am prone to an impulse purchase of running shoes. 

4.  For someone who hates having their haircut and is never happy with the results I display the same impulsive tendencies. The more important the decision the more rash I seem to get. 

5.  Which is why when my hairdresser left recently instead of seeking the counsel and advice of my friends of where to go, I took a notion to go to a salon I ran past on my twenty mile run! Delirium had clearly clouded my vision as when I arrived it was a bit more old lady than I'd remembered! The hairdresser was lovely and (straightened) it may yet turn out to be my best haircut ever but it's hard to tell. Beside herself with excitement over not having to have to get her rollers and setting lotion out, she cut and then set about styling my hair. Oh Lordy I look like I'm about to get married and it's the mid seventies! I was coping relatively well until Al came home, said reminded him of someone and then started googling pictures of Deirdre Barlow! 

London - 58

Total Distance covered     1166.2 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment