Thursday 18 February 2016

Day 669

1.  Twenty miles.... Blooming 'eck it was long way.

2.  Very disappointingly the problem I had with my feet on my last long run reappeared about mile fourteen and the last six miles were excruciating, and slow, and were possibly closer to run for 1 minute walk for 3 than the other way round. 

3.  Several times I regretted turning down FMG's offer of meeting me en route with sustenance. Although it truth I think I would have collapsed in a heap at the sight of a friendly face, as Al will testify on my arrival home!  Thank you Mr L for looking after me so well since then.

4.  I am so disappointed with my feet. I don't know what's causing it, and I can't seem to alter my running gait to alleviate it.  I know running a marathon isn't supposed to be easy but this is starting to feel a little sadomasochistic.  I don't want to inflict that much pain on myself!

5.  On the plus side it was a huge box ticked in terms of mental toughness and I have found a use for my new shoes.  Didn't run in them but they worked a treat as post run footwear - just such a shame they are such a foul colour!

London - 66
Distance covered                  20.5 miles
Total Distance covered     1159.1 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment