Sunday 7 February 2016

Day 658

1.  Al's poorly.  Woke up in the early hours shivering and had to miss this morning's 10K race that he had entered.  Continuing my current theme of death "I can't go outside in lycra" isn't a bad epitaph, being the last words he said to me as he drifted back into a deep feverish sleep!

2.  Thankfully he's not that poorly - despite what he'd have me believe!!!!!

3.   Despite never intending running the race, nor volunteering to marshal  I was invited to the annual post race brunch at our friends and like last year, it was a truly lovely way to spend a couple of hours. Bucks Fizz, scrambled eggs and bagels, tea and cake and the chance to catch up with friends without having had to run first.

4.  Which is just as well as I don't think I'd have got very far today.  My feet have started to ease slightly, and after consulting with fellow parkrunner I think the most likely explanation as to why they are like they are, is that I ran the whole way home with my toes curled dreading the next icy splash.

5.  In an ideal world I would have drifted home from my social engagement and spent the afternoon with my feet in a foot spa.  In reality I'd to walk the dog - ouch! - cook the tea, chauffeur the boys, sort the washing and storm about feeling increasingly hard done to that it wasn't me sat under a blanket in front of the fire. Anger is going some way to masking the pain from my feet, but I may yet have to resort to alcohol and that is almost unheard of. Unless of course it's a mojitio but I'm far too cross to have one of those... spitting feathers?! Heaven help any stray bit of mint that escaped the glass!

London - 77
Total Distance covered     1119.3 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment