Monday 26 May 2014

What now?!

Time for a new plan...


The stats are in... I was the fourth woman home (out of 165) in the Female 40-44 age category!!!
This has made my day, and not even the impending disaster looming in the garden as it approaches time to try and fit the glass in our new greenhouse can spoil it!

I have forgotten how much I hated the long hills and the horrid weather at the start... Edinburgh 10K will forever be remembered through post run euphoric rose tinted spectacles! And sandwiched in the middle of a weekend which otherwise seemed to centre around food! 

We completed our three day eating challenge yesterday with a meal at my friend's house.  Sat around the table swapping anecdotes and having a laugh, I was reminded how lucky I am to have such wonderful friends and how glad I am that their paths crossed this weekend.  Sisterofmarathongirl750 it is a shame that you couldn't spend the whole weekend with us and we missed you when you'd gone, but I have a feeling this weekend wasn't a one off - although it remains to be seen if we make it as far as the Barcelona Half! (my sister and HM are a dangerous combination!)

But if not Barcelona, what is next? I'm not sure.  I have been advised by the Biomechanics Man just to keep up with my exercises and not run further than 10K for the time being, and I can't run at all until my skin has healed. A week off then! Time perhaps to acknowledge that I've invited people to my house in a few weeks for Afternoon Tea and the place is a tip! I hate cleaning almost as much as I hate my current set of exercises, both have to be done.... but not today!

Rain has disappointedly stopped play on the greenhouse building front, but at least it means no tempers are frayed! Time to go curl up with Al and the dogs on the settee...

I think I may have already mentioned what a good weekend I had - but it's good to be home!


M - 715
Total Distance Covered remains at 116.2 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment