Tuesday 6 May 2014

Here we go again!

"Would you tell me, please which I way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to."
"I don't much care where -"
"Then it doesn't matter which way you go."

Lewis Carroll


For the first time since starting this blog, I am struggling to write it. Why? Because what I want to write I have heard myself saying so many times before, and for whilst I may not have bored you with it yet, believe me you'll get there!

But it really is the singular most important thing to come out of today....

I need a plan!

The tenacity I demonstrated yesterday is sorely lacking when it comes to housework and getting my life in order.  By and large it doesn't matter what I do with my time as long as there is food in the house, clean clothes to wear, and the dogs have been walked.  Actually if Al came home and I hadn't done any of that he would just get on with it - I am SO lucky but it doesn't make me very motivated! The boys don't notice if the house is tidy or not and I get absolutely no satisfaction from cleaning the bathroom - only for them to come in and dirty it!

But clearly it bothers me as I keep coming back to it! (And we're only two weeks in!)

I have been stuck in the vicious circle of not being bothered and then berating myself for being disorganised for longer than I care to admit, which is fine when it's only me listening (although it would be nice if it stopped) but not something that I want to subject you to over the next two years!

Time to set some goals, work out a schedule and devise a training plan! This way I will know what I am supposed to be doing and will thus (in theory at least) avoid days like today where I ended up arranging a long dog walk on a day I should have been running and going out for lunch when I needed to be in the supermarket!

As a consequence I've had to miss my evening run with Al which makes me feel sad, and a little bit guilty that I didn't just go and put my kit on and get out there, but I'm trying hard to be sensible and not over do things (besides which I'm exhausted!).  I just wish I'd planned my day better.

So yes sisterofmarathongirl750 I know you've heard it all before but it really is time to
put up or shut up! 


M - 745
Distance covered                 4 miles (walk)
Total Distance covered   58.6 miles








No comments:

Post a Comment