Thursday 22 May 2014

Procrastination

How many more jobs can I find to do rather than pack?


I am fully aware that tomorrow is Friday, I also know that I am travelling up to Edinburgh on Friday, but I don't seem to be able to get my brain to tie the two facts together! Looking around my house there is no evidence that there is anything out of the ordinary about to happen.

I have friends who pack weeks in advance (yes I'm talking about you CJ) I haven't even looked a case out yet, let alone anything to put in it!

Last week, before leaving to go to the States on business, sisterofmarthongirl750 did try her best to get me organised by delegating a list of things for me to sort!  I whizzed through these and was able to appear like a seasoned traveller when my friends who are going with me asked what the plans for the weekend were, yet since then I seem to be in denial about going.

Consequently I have spent the morning being creative with pieces of card and varnish and am heading out for a two hour dog walk this afternoon (I'm writing this at lunchtime and already I sense a late night ahead of me).

I am going away for three days - I have yet to decided what to do about my blog.

I could (and may yet) have three days off. I could write it down in the old fashioned way and type it up when I get back (but the dates which appear on each entry automatically would be wrong and that would really get under the skin of the (little) part of me that's just a bit OCD). I could just publish a heading and then update it later thus getting round the date problem (and could probably just about manage to do this on my ipod). Or I could take my laptop with me and cover all bases.

Ultimately I guess the decision will come down to how much room I have in my suitcase, and I won't know that until I decide what I am taking and start packing!

I am however REALLY looking forward to going. We are escaping early (ten past seven train - ouch) and once I've stopped worrying about H getting to school on time, and C spending the day looking after the dogs I'm sure I will have a great time.

I am not a 10K runner, I have been sporadic in my training and agreed to do this as an excuse to see my sister and have a weekend away with friends.  After Saturday I have no plans to run another 10K race, I could just go and have a nice time and enjoy the run, but no - I had to look up my previous best time over 10K.

Fifty five minutes is my time to beat....

(ps it's now 7.40pm there is baking in the oven for the boys to eat over the weekend and still not an item in my case which is still in the cupboard!)

M - 719 
Distance covered               0 miles
Total Distance covered   108 miles





No comments:

Post a Comment