Tuesday 13 May 2014

Standing on the edge...

reluctant to leap!



Let's face it - today was never going to be as productive as yesterday despite all my good intentions!

It started well, I had updated the finances and dealt with my emails before breakfast, but after a busy morning out and about, I failed to find any real focus for the afternoon.

It's C's fault... he started his GCSE's today! Having dropped him off at lunchtime, I found myself unable to concentrate, flitting from one job to the next, watching the clock and mentally ticking off the passage of time.  Eventually he arrived home - looking like he'd been stood in the shower! It was pouring with rain, and any hope I had of a post exam debrief was dashed by his need to go and get changed! By the time he came back downstairs all I was able to ascertain was it was "OK" - so glad I spent so much of the day waiting for that update!

Oh well only another 19 exams to go - perhaps it'll get easier!

I haven't however been totally idle! A idea hatched over a post parkrun cuppa on Saturday, to host an Afternoon Tea event is beginning to take shape and suddenly it is starting to feel very real! Eeek!!

Once I start the fundraising ball rolling there is no going back.

The thought of this both excites and scares me, which fits perfectly with my hotchpotch day! One minute I'm enthused and my head is a whirr with ideas and planning, the next I am fixated on learning how to marble paper and sourcing materials for a different project, like this was the most important linchpin of my whole plan! (It isn't, and I steer myself away from thinking about it further - and confess I am a little proud of myself for doing this!)

Mainly however, I am just feeling rather vulnerable.  In a day or two, when I have finalised the details of my Afternoon Tea party I am going to have to put myself out there, take a leap of faith and see what happens.  This same action will also mark my actual commitment to run.  It all feels a bit huge.


M - 728
Distance covered                3 miles
Total Distance covered  82.2 miles



No comments:

Post a Comment