Monday 28 December 2015

Day 617

1.  Keen to get back into her marathon training my sister suggested a four mile outing this morning, with her and my niece.

2.  Keen not to disappoint and very much wanting to make the most of a rare opportunity I agreed despite my leg really not being in the best of form.

3.  Very glad that we went.  It wasn't easy but I took the opportunity to try and see if I could adopt a different running style that would alleviate some of the issues I'm having with my IT band.

4.  Not sure that I really got it sussed but I didn't have to stop which was the main thing, it also hasn't seized up completely so I'm hopeful that even though it isn't great it isn't as bad as it has been before!

5.  Under the circumstances it might have been prudent to withdraw from the 'sprint to the finish' race but never one to turn down the opportunity for some healthy competition off we went.  Running along side my niece to begin with, I then felt how people competing against Mo Farah must feel when he just ups the anti and accelerates away from them! Am not even going to suggest that if my leg had been better I'd have been in with a chance!

London -118
Distance covered                     4 miles
Total Distance covered     1046.1 miles


No comments:

Post a Comment