Wednesday 16 December 2015

Day 605

1.  Our day in London so very nearly didn't happen - we missed our train!  Luckily for us (less fortunate for others) a lorry had caught fire on, and subsequently closed, the motorway a picture of which had made it onto social media, so the very kind people at Virgin East Coast believed us when we said we'd been caught in traffic and let us on the next train.

2.  Love going away with FMG for a number of reasons, amongst which is her willingness to accompany me to whatever veggie restaurant I can find! Today's was amongst the best we've been to, and a great start to our time in London.

3.  Next up was some Oxford Sreet shopping which finally got me feeling Christmassy!  The decorations were just magical....


4.  Less inspiring was the Barnardo's Christmas Meet Up!  Of all the weird and wonderful places we would visit along our road to London 2016 who would have thought that this would have been amongst the strangest!

5.  Actually I think FMG and I had slightly more than an inkling that it might have been, given the lack of organisation to date, but I think it surpassed even our expectations! (Writing this four days later and I still words fail me!).

London -130
Total Distance covered     1024.7 miles
Gym Attendance = 12 (Target 20 by Christmas!)

No comments:

Post a Comment