Saturday 12 December 2015

Day 601 - Parkrun 99

1.  Running in the pouring rain at temperatures a little above freezing is not for the faint hearted - but isn't enough to deter the parkrun addicts amongst us!

2.  Nor was it enough to stop this marathon girl from running a further six miles home! But I wish it had!

3.  Early morning chauffeuring duties meant that we ran at one of the Leeds parkrun's, then dripping wet we got into the car and drove a little over a mile up the road, at which point I had to get out of the car, back into the driving rain and embark on my longest and steepest uphill ascent ever, it was just grim - BUT I DID IT!!


4.  At one point I thought I was going to have to call into a shop and ask them to tie my shoelace which had come undone as my hands were so cold my fingers could barely move - thankfully I managed it.  I did on more than one occasion think of phoning Al to come back and rescue me but I doubted my ability to both extract my phone from my 'flipbelt' and have enough warmth in my fingers for it to register a swipe (if that is how it works?!)

5.  An utter nutter?! Perhaps.... but one who doesn't have time to run at any other time this weekend and needed to get nine miles in, and also one who is on her ninety ninth parkrun and wants to run her 100th next week! And so although the title may be a little ironic given today's weather, here is the penultimate song - I hope I'm in the category of interesting middle aged people who still haven't worked out what they want to do when they grow up!

parkrun 99 -1999

London -134
Distance covered                 9.7 miles
Total Distance covered     1024.7 miles
Gym Attendance = 12 (Target 20 by Christmas!)

No comments:

Post a Comment