Saturday 29 August 2015

Day 496 - Parkrun 87

1. Lovely four mile run-walk-run to parkrun with FMG. So much to catch up on I don't remember much about the actual running!

2. H CAME TO PARKRUN! Looked for a long time like he was going to beat me but, in true hare and tortoise form, slow and steady won the race!  Really proud of him for joining us, and have my fingers crossed that one day soon C will come back, even if I'll be last and am clinging on to my age graded fittest in the family title with as little grip as he has over his place in the fastest 500 - currently at number 497 - although I should point out he's the only one of us left on the list!

3.  Emotional quarter of an hour watching Mo Farah win Gold in the 5000m in Beijing.  After taking the proverbial over the difference between his time and mine, C took time to reconsider his opinion and thinks it's actually quite an achievement that my time over the same distance is within twice that of the world champion! He then spoilt it by saying especially as I'm 45.

4.  Fun evening at the birthday party of parkrunfastfinisher! Thank you.

5.  A great day to finish off our lovely holiday - don't want the bubble to burst - bringing us to

parkrun 87 - 1987

London - 239
Glasgow - 36
Distance covered              7.1 miles
Total Distance covered     825 miles


No comments:

Post a Comment