Monday 10 August 2015

Day 477

1.  Having already questioned the Met Office's ability to predict the weather I'm not sure why I'm allowing their prediction of rain on Saturday to affect my mood so much - especially when they predicted sunny intervals today and we had the most torrential of downpours!

2.  Perhaps the chance of rain is not the only thing dampening my parade.  I am so demoralised that all efforts on Etsy have yet to yield any success that I'm struggling to believe Saturday will be any different.

3.  So I have decided to concentrate my efforts on getting people to feel sorry enough for me to put a donation in my collection tin, and have decided that a crocheted flower pin to say thank you is the way to go...

4.  A trip to the local wool shop saw me purchasing some Barnardo's lime green wool, and for reasons I can only guess at some fluorescent pink stuff! It's almost like I want to jeopardise my chances of success.  Alternatively perhaps subconsciously I employed some reverse psychology to my purchase decision - I really like the bags I've made and I can't get anyone to bite the bullet and buy - perhaps if I make something I really don't like I'll be inundated with interest!

5.  I'm hoping that they are bright enough to lure some young girls over with their poor long suffering grandparents.... little do they know that it's a trap to get them hoodwinked into also buying a bag of crafting bits and bobs the likes of which have not been seen since Westival! I will rid myself of those toilet rolls, painted egg boxes, pipe cleaners and pompoms somehow!


London - 258
Glasgow - 55
Total Distance covered 793.2 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment