Saturday 22 August 2015

Day 489 - Parkrun 86

1.  The weather forecast lied! Woke up to a beautiful morning in one of my favourite parts of the world. 


2. Getting up early and driving 35 miles to the nearest parkrun might not be everybody's ideal start to their holiday nor how they'd choose to spend their birthday morning - luckily for me Mr L did both.

3. Really odd running a two lap course - felt so far first time round! Very congested at times and a tiny taste (albeit on a very different scale) of what it will be like in London - still not sure how I'm going to cope with how busy it's going to be!

4. Kept pace with the birthday boy and his dog most of the way round but got left behind when they upped the pace. For once I didn't mind - firstly because I was just so pleased to be running without any of Thursday's pain and secondly because it meant I was nowhere in sight when the photographer snapped this! (Mine was significantly less flattering).



5. Post parkrun walk on the beach instead of coffee (just not the same without our friends) it was 'home' for breakfast, lunch, another walk on the beach, a trip to the pub and back for tea. A lovely day with my fabulous (slightly extended) family. Happy Birthday Mr L - I really wanted to choose 'You can call me Al' as my song for parkrun 86 but you'll hate it, so instead I've picked something I know you'll sing along to and makes me think of you (but NOT because of what the lead singer's wearing before anyone wonders!).




London - 246
Glasgow - 43
Distance covered                3.1 miles
Total Distance covered     817.9 miles




No comments:

Post a Comment