Sunday 8 May 2016

Day 749

1.  Mistakenly thought today was going to be day 750 when I decided to keep going with my blog after the marathon and the main reason for continuing was so I got to say...

2.  I AM MARRIED TO AN ENDURANCE ATHLETE!!! Well done Mr L, so very proud of you xxx

3.  What I couldn't have known at the time was what a wonderful day it was going to be - spent in glorious sunshine in the wonderful company of my extended parkrun family!

4.  Inconceivable that London was only two weeks ago, and we were worried about sleet, but there is no way I could have run in today's heat.  Full credit to all who did - you were a-maz-ing! 

5.  Undoubtedly the sunshine helped - a lot! But I loved being in the city first thing this morning when the race was being set up, it was really exciting standing waiting for the boys to put in their first appearance, a bit of a hardship then having to go and eat breakfast in nice cafe, slightly tense waiting to see them finish, euphoric seeing them at the end and then back to the difficult job of joining them in a post run celebratory drink... All the excitement with none of the pain! I should have thought of this earlier!

M + 14

No comments:

Post a Comment